Laser Consultation & Patch Test by Polished Beauty, Skin & Laser Experts in Tallow in West Waterford. Book your Appointment Online Now!
Pre & Post Care
It is important that the you avoid the following within a 30 day* period prior to treatment:
- Do NOT sunbathe
- Do NOT use sun beds
- Avoid self-tanning products
- Do NOT have electrolysis
- Do NOT wax
- Do NOT pull out hair with tweezers
- Do NOT thread the hairs
- Do NOT bleach the hair
- Do NOT use depilatory creams
Shave as close to treatment time as possible, leaving a small patch with approximately 2mm or 2 days of hair growth for visual assessment.
Aftercare and Maintaining Growth
We would advise that you should do the following for the next 30 days after the Ellipse SWT treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure or sun beds
- Wear at least a SPF 30 or higher when outside
You should avoid the following for the next 24-48 hours after the treatment.
- No perfumed products or make–up
- No excessive heat e.g.: saunas, steam rooms or hot baths
- No swimming or gym
- No touching, picking or scratching the area
Please note: The only method of hair removal which is suitable for in between treatments is shaving
- Wax, tweeze, thread or pull hairs
- Do not use a bleaching cream
- Do not use a depilatory cream
Pure Aloe Vera gel must be used for the next 48 hours after the treatment if any inflammation persists.
You can shave or exfoliate the area 4 days after the treatment to encourage the hairs to shed.